Books I've been reading.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

The blog before Eid Kbir

11.13.2010

How do you compliment someone on their sheep? Yes, I did just spend the past 45 minutes talking about how great that sheep is going to taste in the next week. I have the pleasure of spending a few days eating tons of meat and having full days of family time this next week. Needless to say Eid Kbir (That’s Arabic for freaking huge holiday) is upon us. Why a sheep? Well, every Eid Kbir, every Muslim family buys a sheep and kills it for the giant feast. Eid Kbir is in remembrance of the story of Ishmael and Abraham (in the Christian tradition, that is Isaac, not Ishmael). 
Sadly the rest of this blog goes unfinished because I fell asleep. Don't worry though, I wrote more!
So for your enjoyment, here's a picture of our friend: Hmar  (that's Arabic for donkey) I have been told that when he makes noises, he's making the noise of Satan. Hooray folklore!

I will be putting up pictures of sheep later.


No comments:

Post a Comment