Books I've been reading.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Vascillating


Well today was funky. I began today by really thinking about what impact I was having here in T-town and I was sort of beating myself up because I felt stymied by natural ebbs and flows of population to my classes. I was talking to one of my students on the way home and I thought to myself, this person feels like the only person who cares that I’m here. I mean, I generally think I’m a happy person but these thoughts were rough. What impact am I making here? Does anyone care that I’m here? Why do I care so much about trying to please these people when I’m not sure they want me here? Isn’t this my life dream? Shouldn’t I be trying to give my all? Why is apathy becoming a more normal part of life?

Then out of nowhere, a group of teachers were sitting outside my house at a cafĂ© when I came home from Dar Chebab. They called me over and started talking to me. As it turns out, they would really like to have me teach some English classes for them. Wow! I feel really elated by this.  I also thought it would be nice if I posted something aside from farm animals and me traipsing around the country. I work, I swear!

Now for a picture of me kissing a Triceratops. 


1 comment:

  1. You do good works, Aly! LOOK! That Triceratops is SMILING!

    ReplyDelete