Books I've been reading.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Not a good day.

Today is the day I have always feared. So I was an idiot and looking for simple patches so I could fix my problem with Microsoft office. I downloaded a faulty patch. My computer thought it was a virus, cleaned itself and then shut off. I can't get it out of boot mode. I realized that since I don't have the OEM disc I can't even put that in the cd drive to see if my comp will take that.

So tomorrow I am taking my computer to the city to see if I can find a computer store. *sigh* I am really hoping it works because otherwise, it's going to be an interesting 7 months until I can come home and retrieve a new computer. Blargh.

 Thankfully I do live next to a cyber cafe which is where I am typing this, so atleast I can check email.  I think I would really lose my marbles without this place.

1 comment:

  1. Big Bad Bummer.

    Have you tried holding F8 down during the start up, go into safe mode and do a system restore from last known good location?

    Dad

    ReplyDelete