Books I've been reading.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's a good thing they think I'm slow.

So, this day is deserving of another post. So, Rachel and I went over to this family's house for couscous. After lunch, the father asked me if I wanted to wear traditional Berber costume. Uh, of course! The following pictures are the consequences of such actions.



Who wouldn't want to buy me an appletini?

 Ah yes, gaze at my head dress while I look majestically to my right.

It's like we're the happiest little family!

And now comes for the second part of this blog. This is a much sadder story. So Rachel and I were on our merry way to buy things to make chili. All of the sudden I realized, I didn't have my keys.

W
H
A
T
?

So after a couple of minutes of frantically trying every key I had in my pocket (alas, not the right key, which I knew, yet tried them all anyway) into the lock to see if it would turn. I'm pretty sure I enacted the definition of insanity.

None of them worked, of course. After thinking of every way to break into my house, I gave up. So I went to my neighbor's store. I asked him if he knew of a locksmith. Well, of course he did! That locksmith turned out to be a regular handyman. He actually took a hammar and a peg and pegged out my lock. Yes, he practically beat down my door. Yay! I had an open door! Boo...I didn't have a way to close it. So then, me and this guy who was helping me ran all over town trying to find the perfect lock (why, I'm not 100% sure), but eventually we settled on one. When I returned to my door, my neighbor just kept clucking his tongue at me and telling me hashuma alik (as in, shame on you/why the heck would you forget something like that?)

This is the door that caused it all!!

In other good news: Hey! Cow hooves! YeeeeEESSS!

No comments:

Post a Comment