Books I've been reading.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Must...not...procrastinate....

Molly McNeilly, if you read this, I no longer have your email and I want it so I can talk to you!!! Miss you!

Anyhow, hey everybody! Nice to see you, sorry I've not written sooner. I just finished a training for the Volunteer Support Network and so now I'm going to be working on my counselor skills! Hooray! I'm really interested in working on mental health while I'm in country (and after of course).

In any event, I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Last week end, I took a fun trip to go see a good friend of mine for my birthday. We (plus a bunch of other great people) watched the superbowl and really had a rousing time. After I came home, I wrote a speech in Arabic, had my students and tutor look it over and then gave a speech to all of 10 people (most of them were my students). So...at least my community meeting is over! Right? Yeah...it's over for now. Haha, I'm considering doing another speech next month Inchallah.

This next week I'm definitely looking forward to heading off up north to go to my first big Peace Corps conference called PPST (that is to say post training training hah). I'm really looking forward to seeing some volunteers I haven't seen in 3 months! I'm not looking forward to a language test....which I should probably study for. Ha, I feel like a typical college student. In fact, I'm procrastinating right now from turning in an important document to Peace Corps in order to write this post....oh procrastination, you're totally going to make me stay up all night writing this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment