Books I've been reading.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hark! Is that a donkey I hear?

Hey all!

Amazing news! I found a house! I can't wait to put up pictures of before and after photos (that is, after I decorate...with what exactly, I don't know yet.) But anyhow, I'm going to live there in little under two weeks! Hoorah! I call it my early Christmas gift to myself. 

(As a complete aside-the power goes off often here, and every time it does, my host father goes, "Ooh la la!" and every time he does it, it makes me giggle and I have to work to stifle it.)

Also, it's Christmas time and I am more than prepared to start listening to all of my Christmas music that exists on my computer. I was listening to "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel" and tears came to my eyes. I was briefly overwhelmed by that sudden, 'O my gosh, I'm in Morocco and why doesn't my house smell like pine and chex mix?, home sick feeling.' I suspect that I'll be a little weird on Christmas day. However! I have plans with some really lively people who are going to spend Christmas day with me. 

For those of you wondering what the cake is about, I still hang out with a baker who dotes on me. She asked if she could make me a Christmas cake. Therefore, you all, Happy Christmas! Let us celebrate the holiday joy wherever we are!


No comments:

Post a Comment