Books I've been reading.

Monday, December 20, 2010

learning the Alphabet

Today I decided that I should put on my investigation glasses and go searching for an apartment myself. I did this because I was somewhat curious and somewhat wondering what the response to my question would be. I did this because I was somewhat curious and interested in what people I just talked to would say. Anyhow, I asked around and to my delight I got some answers and so tomorrow, I may see another apartment. I have to continually remind myself to be really patient with everything. My inner mantra is thrumming away to the lines of, "Everything is going to be okay."

I also decided today that since I speak a dialect of Arabic, maybe I should learn how to read it. . So, I took it upon myself to start copying things from my English-Darija workbook. Then after a session with my tutor, I found that I can vaguely muddle my way through words. I feel elated. I also feel like I have a new and fun superpower.

I wanted you to enjoy the fruits of my labor! This page says really fun things like, “Where is the post office?” and my personal favorite, “What is the name of the chief doctor at the hospital?”

1 comment:

  1. Yay for being aggressive with the apartment!! and congrats on learning the alphabet! sounds like you are doing great in your site!

    ReplyDelete