Books I've been reading.

Friday, December 3, 2010

So I bought a modem. This modem allows me to have the internet at my fingertips! Oh the power! My need for internet is finally sated.

On a different note, I'd just like to say that while I write this, my host father is watching a television show from Egypt where this man is helping students by phone with their algebra homework. I am deeply amused.
But aside from that, I am a real Peace Corps Volunteer now! I'm sworn in and at my permanent site. Things are good. I have been in site for one full week and it has flown by.

I'm still figuring things out here in town and although it's small, I get turned around because there are still streets I don't know etc. I'm really fortunate that I found a tutor so fast. You can tell he loves to teach and hopefully within a few months I'll be able to say more exciting sentences than, "This is a wall." and "I like soup," and my personal favorite, "gosh it's cold."

My host family spoils me tons. Everyday my host mom wakes up and makes me french toast and coffee. I am sorely tempted to live my two years with them. I really like having a family that I can communicate decently with and that watch out for my safety. I'm really relieved that I've such an awesome host family. But alas, I should really move out on my own and grow up. I hope all is well with ya'll!

For your enjoyment, here's a picture of cookies I made with my first host family.

No comments:

Post a Comment